Aztec Assault is a 5K race through an extreme obstacle course over some very tough cross country real estate. The event is designed to give anyone, from weekend warriors to seasoned athletes, the opportunity to 'test their mettle'. The real celebration follows the race when you can glorify your accomplishment with mud covered bodies, medals, live music and beer.
Every participant will take home a custom designed medal & event theme towel (you'll need it) to commemorate the day. After cleaning up, enjoy a beer or other beverage on us.
Prizes will be awarded for divisional and overall winners (male and female) in the categories listed below.
Other prizes will be awarded for the best Aztec costumes, so 'bring it on'!
Packet pickup and final registration will be held at Dick's Sporting Goods in McHenry, IL the day before (May 1st) from 10:00 am til 7:00 pm or the morning of the event at Galt Airport from 9:00 am - 11:00 am, with the race to start shortly after, so all participants must be checked in by then. Participants are encouraged to complete the registration and packet pick-up the day before to avoid long lines.
Aztec Assault has the following divisions for men and women:
$55 from 11/20/2009 - 1/1/2010
$60 from 1/2/2010 - 2/15/2010
$65 from 2/16/2010 - 4/15/2010
$75 from 4/16/2010 - 4/30/2010
There will be many photographers on the course during the event to capture your most memorable moments. These can be purchased online following the race. Details for viewing and ordering pictures will be emailed to you following the event.
Spectators and fans are allowed and encouraged. There will be plenty of excitement during the event, and other forms of entertainment for everyone.
Food and drink will be available throughout the day. We plan to have BBQ style (burgers / brats), sub sandwiches and snacks.
Beer, frozen drinks, soft drinks, and water.
Aztec Assault Rules and Regulations
1) All participants must wear (at minimum) shoes, a shirt and shorts or pants.
2) All participants must wear and display their bib number in full view on the front of their clothing during the race.
3) All participants are responsible for their timing chips staying on their person for the duration of the race to be eligible for prizes. If we are unable to determine your time, you will be disqualified.
4) All participants must complete the entire race, including all obstacles, to be eligible for prizes.
5) All participants must race in the wave that they were assigned or will forfeit prize eligibility. You are responsible for knowing your wave number and location after you are assigned them. These will be clearly marked at the event.
6) All participants are required to follow any instructions given to them by course judges, emergency responders, medical staff or security. Failure to do so may result in immediate removal from the race and / or event property. Anyone removed from the race or property will not be allowed to return.
7) Course judges have the final authority concerning rules and regulations. Any disputes will be handled through event promoters after the event completion.
8) Participants acting in an overly rude, aggressive, or unsafe manner towards other participants will be immediately removed from the race.
9) Nudity, urinating or defecating on the course or in view of others, or intentionally damaging any part of the property or obstacles is grounds for immediate removal and/or legal action.
10) All participants will be required to sign a release of liability waiver at packet pick-up to be eligible for entry on to the course. You must be willing to accept all risk of personal injury and any and all cost of necessary treatment.
11) All participants agree to allow AB Promotions the use of any pictures or video footage taken at the event for possible future promotional material including , but not limited to, websites, online promotions, printed materials, or press releases.
12) Any non-participants found on the course or in restricted areas will be immediately removed from the property and not allowed re-entry.
13) AB Promotions reserves the right to change or alter these rules as deemed necessary to ensure a safe, fun, and orderly event. All modifications to the rules will be posted at the event and will be the responsibility of the participant to know these changes.
14) AB Promotions reserves the right to cancel or delay the race due to extreme weather or conditions beyond our control.
Age division awards will be determined based on one's age on race day.